The New Burkeian

Reflections on the Revolution in Conservatism

Friday, November 26, 2004

And Family

The importance of family cannot be expressed in words. I will attempt it.

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. I love the food. I love seeing old friends. And, most important, I love seeing my family. The connection of kinship is the deepest connection known to man. My very being flows through these people I have come to know and trust so well. I have the blessing of good friends. I have an even bigger blessing of a tremendous family. They have, and will always, support and encourage me. There is no need to list them because, as a whole, they are kind and noble people.

I am very aware of their influence upon me. I turn to them for anything. Knowing they are there is my greatest motivation.

The New Burkeian was not born in a vacuum. He is influenced by and appreciates his family. I hope this gives a little better understanding of the motivation behind this blog. Whether they agree with me or not, my motivation comes from the love of my family.

1 Comments:

Blogger BoomerBoy said...

THanks, Son - I'm proud of you . . . don't always agree with your politics, but am proud of you nonetheless.

December 6, 2004 at 7:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home